I never thought I’d see the day that this happened, but I applied for a second job this week. I have an interview tomorrow to be a prepared foods cook at Whole Foods in Honolulu! I really hope I get the job, considering that I am B-R-O-K-E (so I encourage you to keep visiting my site and reading my posts to help me earn ad money haha). Another exciting update from here in Hawaii, the rain is starting to die out!! Hooray for sunshine! But yes, now onto the food.
Remember that amazing Cheddar Ale Soup recipe I posted last week? Well I have been keeping a secret from you, I have another addition that makes the soup even BETTER! These little puff pastry bites are the perfect addition to any soup or just by themselves. What is even cooler is how easy it is to customize this recipe with your own filling ideas. The options are endless for these little homemade hot-pocket-type bites.
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry dough
- 1 chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, pepper and salt.
- Spread the butter in a straight line down the center of the pastry dough.
- Line the chicken on top of the butter.
- Wrap the dough around the chicken, pressing the seam until sealed.
- Slice the log into individual-sized bites. (I also tried to press the edges of the bites together to make more of a sealed pocket for each one)
- Bake at 400F until golden brown and crisp (about 20-25 minutes)
1 Year Ago: Buffalo Chicken Mac N Cheese Casserole